- The best time to photograph your Newborn is around 6-12 days old because at this age they are still sleepy and curl up more easily into adorable poses, and of course you want to capture their little feet, lips and wrinkles.
- As you all know I am sure, a full tummy of dreamy milk works a treat to get them to sleep.
- Although it seems like such an obvious thing, so many people don’t consider room temperature, keeping the room warm and cosy is a must.
- It also helps to have some background white noise which tends to sooth babies too sleep, making it easier to get the photographs you want. I use a free App. Called Baby Sleep.
- Natural light is always a great way to light your pictures so placing baby near a window is an easy and effective trick. If you place babies head closest to the light it also enhances all the little details, helping you capture their tiny toes, rosebud mouths and sleepy eyes.
- Also try different angles with your camera.
Most of all enjoy what an amazing experience it is to hold your baby and be able to capture their first precious moments of your sweet little one.
Please remember, babies safety comes first, never leave them on or in something eg, basket even for one moment.
If you decide you would like a Professional Photographer to capture your baby’s newness, look for someone who specialises in Newborn Baby Photography and has had training in this area.
A good place to look is www.banpas.co.uk
Thanks for reading xxx